Sorry if you received a notice of and new item titled “WPG2”.Â I am updating my website and the WPG2 tool sent out a message which does not go anywhere.
It is interesting what people start saying about the president when the “wrong” president is in office or life is not as “easy” as we think it should be.Â However, I think that may have forgotten their basic, elementary history and U.S. politics that are taught before high school.Â Though I am a U.S. citizen by birth, my interest in U.S. politics was not what it should be because I spent most of my pre-college years in Africa.Â But I do recall a lot of basics that every American should know: Continue reading Blame the President and other random thoughts.
So I have finally broken down and got on Facebook.Â I do not like it but “all” my friends are using it.Â Interestingly, even though they are al;ready my friend in my social network, I have to get them to be my friends all over again on the Online social network.Â Facebook is nice to weave friends together, but boy it is a pain in the rear to use.Â I can think of other things I could be loosing my hair over.Â Fortunately, I have lots of it.
I had to write this.Â So here is a brief portion of the story with all the Gore:
“…the death count in Myanmar from the cyclone that hit there yesterday has been rising from 15,000 to way on up there to much higher numbers now being speculated. And last year a catastrophic storm from last fall hit Bangladesh. The year before, the strongest cyclone in more than 50 years hit China â€“ and weâ€™re seeing consequences that scientists have long predicted might be associated with continued global warming”
taken fromÂ Citizen Sugar
So often I see disasters like this blamed on global warming but two things off the top of my head:
- Cyclones and other storms are caused by large temperature differences.Â IF the world is warming by greenhouse gases, the temperature differences would be LESS because of the green house effect (temperature is distributed evenly).Â Therefore, the storms should be less and less severe.
- Â Did he say something about a storm in China over 50 years ago that rivaled one that happened last year?Â If the world is warming and if warming causes stronger storms, a similar storm should not have happened 50 years ago when the world was cold.
So, time to get off my soap box and get to making money off of the government policies requiring new technologies because Gore has convinced them man is the cause of global warming.
(Disclaimer:Â I can not prove global warming or not, however, I can poke a lot of holes in global warming “facts”.Â However, if there is global warming, there is some very good science that shows that it is next to impossible to for man to effect it the way Gore and others claim we do.Â Another caveat: we must take care of our world so looking for ways not to pollute is smart.)
Joyce and I were going through some emails from years past and came across many memories.Â The following was sent out exactly ten years ago.Â Boy, does time fly.Â I sent this email out just weeks into our time in Swaziland and there was so much to learn and experience.
Today, I was out taking pictures and was working under a tree, when what should fall, but a SNAKE.Â It was not any wimpy little snake, it was a a LARGE FAT CHUBBY one and kinda had brown and yellowing brown markings with maybe a hint of green in there.Â I am sure it was about 3 YARDS LONG and maybe 5 INCHES IN DIAMETER.Â Not only did it fall, but it FELL ON ME and knocked me over (those things are heavy).Â It must have thought that I was some NICE SWEET MORSEL TO SWALLOW.Â After a BIG STRUGGLE and it had WRAPPED itself AROUND ME 3 TIMES, I finally got it around its neck and struggling to get my swiss army knife I was able to SUBDUE IT.Â While it was bewildered, I was able to CUT ITS HEAD OFF. Its body then kinda wiggled around like a CHICKEN WITH ITS HEAD CUT OFF. Well we survived that near encounter.Â And the rest of the day went without any mishaps.Â Just had the reflective power on the Continental 100 kW a little high and the alarms went off.Â Luckily, it was before the broadcasts started.Â I hope that your first day of the fourth month was just as fun as mine.
Memories are interesting.Â Some I would love to relive others I would love to forget.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been very busy.
Along with VAST Power Systems, I have been involved in:
- Music City Coffee Co. – this is a coffee shop that I own.Â The web site is still under much construction (so don’t look too hard yet).Â And, by the way, I am trying to sell it.
- Hazara Traditions – a recent, more volunteer, work distributing very high quality Persian carpets made by the Hazara people.Â Yes, these are the same people from The Kite Runner book and movie.Â Most of the proceeds go directly to the workers.
- Wise Fox IP – this is my latest endeavour to drum up some further income and create more variety into my life (like I really need it).Â Basically, a friend and I are working together to help people improve their intellectual property stand (read Patents).
Hopefully, we can sell the coffee shop so that I can focus on other tasks.
“If women didn`t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.”
I was looking for a book online and found this interesting piece. From the Delaware constitution of 1776:
Art. 22. Every person who shall be chosen a member of either house, or appointed to any office or place of trust . . . shall . . . make and subscribe the following declaration, to wit: “I ________, do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, Blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scripture of the Old and New Testaments to be given by divine inspiration.” Continue reading America, founded as a Christian Nation!