Sorry if you received a notice of and new item titled “WPG2”.Â I am updating my website and the WPG2 tool sent out a message which does not go anywhere.
So I have finally broken down and got on Facebook.Â I do not like it but “all” my friends are using it.Â Interestingly, even though they are al;ready my friend in my social network, I have to get them to be my friends all over again on the Online social network.Â Facebook is nice to weave friends together, but boy it is a pain in the rear to use.Â I can think of other things I could be loosing my hair over.Â Fortunately, I have lots of it.
I had to write this.Â So here is a brief portion of the story with all the Gore:
“…the death count in Myanmar from the cyclone that hit there yesterday has been rising from 15,000 to way on up there to much higher numbers now being speculated. And last year a catastrophic storm from last fall hit Bangladesh. The year before, the strongest cyclone in more than 50 years hit China â€“ and weâ€™re seeing consequences that scientists have long predicted might be associated with continued global warming”
taken fromÂ Citizen Sugar
So often I see disasters like this blamed on global warming but two things off the top of my head:
- Cyclones and other storms are caused by large temperature differences.Â IF the world is warming by greenhouse gases, the temperature differences would be LESS because of the green house effect (temperature is distributed evenly).Â Therefore, the storms should be less and less severe.
- Â Did he say something about a storm in China over 50 years ago that rivaled one that happened last year?Â If the world is warming and if warming causes stronger storms, a similar storm should not have happened 50 years ago when the world was cold.
So, time to get off my soap box and get to making money off of the government policies requiring new technologies because Gore has convinced them man is the cause of global warming.
(Disclaimer:Â I can not prove global warming or not, however, I can poke a lot of holes in global warming “facts”.Â However, if there is global warming, there is some very good science that shows that it is next to impossible to for man to effect it the way Gore and others claim we do.Â Another caveat: we must take care of our world so looking for ways not to pollute is smart.)
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been very busy.
Along with VAST Power Systems, I have been involved in:
- Music City Coffee Co. – this is a coffee shop that I own.Â The web site is still under much construction (so don’t look too hard yet).Â And, by the way, I am trying to sell it.
- Hazara Traditions – a recent, more volunteer, work distributing very high quality Persian carpets made by the Hazara people.Â Yes, these are the same people from The Kite Runner book and movie.Â Most of the proceeds go directly to the workers.
- Wise Fox IP – this is my latest endeavour to drum up some further income and create more variety into my life (like I really need it).Â Basically, a friend and I are working together to help people improve their intellectual property stand (read Patents).
Hopefully, we can sell the coffee shop so that I can focus on other tasks.
25 â€œBut as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.
26 And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God!
27 I will see him for myself.Â Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.Â I am overwhelmed at the thought!”
– Job (From Job chapter 19)
For those of you who recently looked at Marine Staff Sargent Micheal Fay, I appologize if it was offensive.Â It was recently hijacked and the good and proper stuff was removed.Â Thus, I have removed the link.Â I will be sure the post a link to the site if he can get back on. 🙁
I was sent an interesting movie today and I would have posted it earlier but had to view it first. Just had to make sure that I was watching what thought I was watching. Now to get this attached to the end of Al Gore’s “Inconvenient Truth”. Continue reading Global Warming again and a Moral Dilemma
May contain controversial material.
Well, a “Cool” company has done a not-so-cool thing and is not cool in my books. Virgin Mobile, a subsiderary of Richard Branson’s Virgin, posted a full page ad in the Rocky Mountain News promoting a very anti-family, anti-relationship, anti-commitment, etc, agenda. They detailed the “Friends with Benefits” lifestyle. They then compare their mobile phone service as also being all the benefits without the responsibility. Continue reading Virgin Mobile – not for me!
Russin President Putin has come up with a “novel” idea on enforcing copyright and other intellectual property.
At his news conference on 1 February, President Putin said investigators should “go after the distributors, not the users”.
“It’s ridiculous to just arrest a chap for using computers,” he said.
see last paragraphs of BBC article.
Hmm, if only our politicians got on the band wagon on this, I may feel a little safer ripping my personal CDs to my personal mp3 player. Unfortunately, I think the recording industry is paying to much to the politicians.
Ok, this may not be the best reason until I tell you that next time you buy a computer, you will get an operating system that is more cut back than XP Home. Continue reading Another Reason to Leave Microsoft